I do the same thing still. Specifically, I waffle (get it?) over breakfast constantly. I’m not talking about brunch, because I’m ALWAYS down for brunch. I’m talking about early morning, before work, first-meal-of-the-day breakfast. For some reason, I’m either really into it or I skip it all together.
Let’s be honest – it’s mostly because I am NOT a morning person. I wake up with enough time to make myself look presentable and get where I’m going without a minute to spare. Because of this, I rarely find the time to make myself something to eat before heading out the door.
Enter these make-ahead breakfast sandwiches. Spend an hour prepping a big batch and you’ll have breakfast for the week. (Or a month, depending on how many you make!) I used Whole Foods soy patties and glazed them with maple syrup and cayenne pepper. I also used smoked Gouda cheese for tons of smoky flavor.
You can use whatever meat you’d like for these make-ahead sandwiches – Canadian bacon, turkey sausage, bacon, you name it. You can always switch out your cheese too…regular ole American would be good, Swiss, cheddar…yum. If you’re feeling super healthy, you could even use straight egg whites!
No matter what, these are a delicious way to start your day with minimal effort. They’ll fuel you up and keep you going, at least until lunch!
make-ahead breakfast sandwiches
6 English muffins
6 large eggs
6 slices cheese
6 breakfast patties
salt & pepper
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees, then spray 6 ramekins with nonstick spray.
- Next, crack eggs into a large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of water, then whisk to combine.
- Evenly distribute egg mixture into ramekins, season with salt and pepper, then bake for 10 minutes or until egg is fully set.
- While eggs are baking, toast English muffins and prepare breakfast patties according to package directions.
- Assemble sandwiches by placing one cooked egg on bottom piece of English muffin, then add one patty and one slice of cheese, finishing it off with the English muffin top.
- Wrap each sandwhich in foil, then place in freezer bag to store.
- To reheat: Remove foil and microwave frozen sandwich on high for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave, flip sandwich and cook for 45 more seconds.