Insta-Tuesday is back in full force today with this marinated Asian kale salad, which received quite a few recipe inquiries. Here what you do:
- Measure out enough cleaned and chopped raw kale for two large, personal-sized salads into a big bowl
- Thinly slice one medium bell pepper (I used orange and a little bit of a red one for color), and add that as well
- Slice three green onions and add those to the kale mixture
- In a small bowl, measure out about 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar, a splash of toasted sesame oil (if you’ve got it), a splash of low-sodium soy sauce, salt, pepper and some sesame seeds (I also added a minced clove of garlic and a big spoonful of hot chili paste… you do you.)
- Whisk the dressing well, then pour over the kale mixture and toss to combine
- Cover and refrigerate overnight; this allows the dressing to start breaking down the kale – making it less tough and wayyyy more delicious
The next day, top with some seared chicken breast or grilled salmon, and BOOM!, delicious and healthy salad.